Thursday, May 27, 2010

One Change Per Month

Alright, so when I wanted to make some lifestyle changes, I did this simple little thing called "One Change Per Month." So simple. Each month I made a goal. And you know what, shhhhh, don't tell, but some months we didn't even make any changes. But most months we made some sort of change. A month gives time to adjust and make a change feel normal. And if a month isn't long enough, there isn't a rule! You can take another month to keep working on a change.

One month my goal was to drink more water. For some people maybe drinking any water at all is a major change. For other people maybe the change is in drinking only water except for one meal a day. There is no race or competition. And maybe this change isn't something that is at all interesting or appealing. That is fine too! I will share my ideas, you use what is helpful, skip what isn't and share your own tips and ideas.

To consider:
What is a doable first change for your family? What other changes would you like to make? What changes feel easy and what changes feel more challenging?

1 comment:

Jen Rouse said...

I first started buying powered sugar-free lemonade for me. Because I was trying to not drink soda, but I was bored by drinking plain water. But of course if I was drinking lemonade, the girls wanted it too. Then they started wanting it (especially Evie) ALL DAY LONG. But even though it's calorie free, it has zero nutritional value and is full of artificial sweeteners and is just not very healthy. So we ran out earlier this week and I've decided to just not buy more. Waste of money and not good for us anyway. The kids are not happy, but they're coping.