Friday, May 21, 2010

Start Where You Are At.

My purposes in sharing about making healthy food choices are 1) People have asked me about this on occasion. 2) I enjoy writing and sharing about food. 3) I learn a ton from others, so comments are very welcome. 4) Food choices are very personal. We all want to do the best we can for ourselves and our families, but, let's face it, making changes in diet can feel super overwhelming. I hope to share how we have made changes in our diet and lifestyle. For the most part it has been pretty painless. I will share how we made this happen.

And I must add that I don't think everyone should do things the way we do them. The key is in finding what works for you and your family. And remember that effective change happens slowly. Don't rush. Take some time to evaluate what the priorities are for your family and make changes that work with who you are and with where you are. By where you are, I mean to work within your budget and other limitations you may have. We will talk about how to make changes in a way that, hopefully, does not cause too much frustrations in the family. Family frustrations aren't the goal.

And I will get to talking about meat-less meals. I have been thinking a lot about Jen's comment on this post.

To consider:
What changes would you like to make? What areas, related to being healthy, do you want to improve? What areas, related to being healthy, do you feel like you are where you would like to be? What challenges to you foresee in making changes? What support you you foresee having in making changes?


1 comment:

heather said...

I am considering some areas where I have dropped the ball. Take, exercise, for example. I have gotten out of a good routine in that area. My other area that I am considering is how to accommodate, in my budget, the growing appetites of my kids.