

One Change Per Month! For January. This change is a little late, but here it is.
5 months ago I stopped using commercial eye make up removers and started using oils to remove my eye make up. I have used apricot kernel oil and jojoba oil. For a brief time I mixed the two. Now I just grab a bottle of one and use it. Why I like it:
- It works! Really well. I find that jojoba oil works a bit better than apricot kernel oil, but either works.
- It is super gentle and moisturizing. Now instead of scrubbing at that tender skin around my eye area, I am moisturizing as I remove my make-up. Seriously, my eyes are very moisturized. This means that I am basically removing my make-up and moisturizing in one step.
- A little goes a long way. That means a bottle lasts.
- It is much more cost effective. It is cost effective in two ways. First, it is cost effective simply as a make up remover, but since it also moisturizes, I save on my eye moisturizer. I only use eye moisturizer in the mornings now since my eyes are so well moisturized each evening simply by taking off my eye make up.
Any drawbacks:
- It is a leaves my eyes so well moisturized that if I don't wash my face in the morning my mascara sometimes smudges a bit more than normal under my eyes. It is easily wiped off, but this can be a little inconvenient.
- After I take off my eye make up it leaves a slight temporary film on my eyes. This isn't a big deal unless I am trying to read tiny print. I can still read after I take off my make up, but small print is a touch blurry. It isn't that big of a deal to me, but at first I did think my eyesight was diminishing a bit.
As with any body care product, use care when trying this out. People have different levels of sensitivities to different products. I am just sharing my experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment