Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Spa Mountain Naturals

After being contacted by Spa Mountain Naturals about reviewing some of their products. I looked over the website and being intrigued by it, I said, "Yes! I'd love to review some product." I am so glad I did, because they have some great stuff! After the box arrived promptly in the mail and was opened, the delicious scent made me smile. One of my favorite things is the smell of natural beauty products. Natural products smell good, pure and clean. Mmmmmmm.

The product I was most curious about was the French Plum Oil Nectar. It sounded unique and different from other products previously used. I do use an oil at night as a moisturizer, so it was fun to try something different. This was noticeably less greasy than other oils I have used. It was light, but moisturizing and worked well even for my normal-oily skin. In fact, since the sample arrived I have used it every night. The plum scent is very mild and pleasant. And this bottle will last months, a few drops are all you need.
The other product I was curious about was the Botanical Butter. I always like to try butters and moisturizers to see how they stack up. This has a nice botanical scent. The scent reminded me a bit of wildflowers. And I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by this butter. When I opened the container my expectation was that it would be hard, but it wasn't at all. This is a wonderfully soft butter. A perfect texture, not too hard and not too soft or runny, just perfect. If you have ever tried to make your own butter, you know getting that perfect texture is certainly an art. This butter did not leave my skin greasy and it did leave my skin wonderfully moisturized. A little goes a long way and the ingredients are high quality, including many organic ingredients and fair trade Shea butter.

Another product I was sent was a bar of the Harvest Orange soap. This soap smells delicious! And I want to give the bar away! Not because it wouldn't be fun to use, but because give-aways are fun too and when you discover fun products, you want to share! So, if you are interested in receiving the bar of soap, leave a comment by midnight on Monday, October 3rd. I will draw a winner and send off the soap.

In the meantime, click on over to Spa Mountain Naturals and browse through the products. And As the One Change Per Month for October, consider exchanging a body care product for something more natural and better for you.



4 comments:

Diana (Ladybug Limited) said...

You are too sweet to give away the soap, Heather! I'll enter, though, as I love all things citrus-scented.

Diana (Ladybug Limited) said...

You are too sweet to give away your soap! But I will happily enter your giveaway as I love all things citrus-scented :)

Alison said...

Ooh! Pick me for the soap. :) We got some orange soap from a hotel that B had stayed at and I love the smell of it. I guess I'd never tried any citrus body products before. Do you have to be a blogger to try out their products? :)

heather said...

Diana, you won the soap! Alison, I wish I had two so you could have one too! I put both of you names on a paper mixed them up behind my back and had B pick a hand.